- Harlem's Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture National research library devoted to preserving Black history, culture and photos.
- NAACP News, events and training programs of the National Association of Colored People.
Alternative Media & News
- Indy Media Collective of independent media organizations and journalists offering global grassroots coverage from an anti-corporate viewpoint.
- Prensa Latina Latin American news source in Spanish, English, Italian, Portuguese and Turkish.
- Znet Z Magazine writers John Pilger, Naomi Klein, Vandana Shiva and others on the issues of the day.
- Searchlight Combats fascism, racism and all forms of prejudice.
- ESF Information on and analysis of the European Social Forum and other world social forums.
- Wikipedia Free Encyclopedia Discusses forces and issues in the anti-globalization movement and links the reader to related topics.
- Center for Constitutional Rights Legal briefs, news, educational materials & events relating to the Patriot Act, prisoner rights, Guantanamo Bay, INS violations and protestor suits.
- Free the Cuban Five Cuban nationals imprisoned in the U.S. for trying to stop ultra-right terrorist groups in Miami from carrying out violent actions against the people of Cuba.
- Lynne Stewart Defense Committee Lynne Stewart is a veteran New York radical human rights attorney falsely accused of aiding terrorists in the US.
- National Lawyers Guild Lawyers, law students and legal workers defending civil liberties and publicizing their current legal battles on behalf of demonstrators, unionists, & immigrants.
- Feminist.com Grassroots, interactive community by, for and about women that aims to facilitate information sharing and encourage mobilization around political issues.
- National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health For full reproductive rights for Latinas, their families and their communities through education, advocacy and coalition building.
- Socialist Feminism bibliography
- The National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights National coalition of immigrant, refugee, community, religious, civil rights & labor organizations
- Immigration Equality Immigrants, attorneys and activists who address discriminatory immigration laws directed at L/G/B/T community and people living with HIV/AIDS
- Campaign for Labor Rights Mobilizes grassroots support for union organizing and to end labor abuses around the world.
- Labor Notes U.S. labor news, books and conferences.
- Maquila Solidarity Canadian network promoting solidarity with groups in Mexico, Central America, and Asia organizing in maquiladora factories and export processing zones to improve conditions and win decent wages.
- US Labor Against the War Trade unionists active in the antiwar movement who call for an end to the US occupation of Iraq and for all military, political and economic authority to be returned to the people of Iraq.
- CubaWeb Website of the Cuban government
- Partido Revolucionario de las y los Trabajadores
- Partido Obrero Socialista
- Anti-imperialist Camp Anti-imperialist action and analysis of world events.
- Fire This Time Canadian social justice movement organizing with workers and poor people to defeat the liberal BC government through struggle against capitalism and imperialism.
- Green Left Weekly Australia's radical weekly newspaper.
- Europe in Solidarity without Borders An international association covering a wide range of topics and information on NGOs and social movements. In English and French.
- International Viewpoint Magazine of the Fourth international
- Leftist Parties of the World Entire spectrum of political parties and groups which consider themselves leftist
- Malaysian Socialist Party
- Melbourne Protests Weblog documenting social and political protests in Melbourne, Australia.
- Behind the Mask Magazine on lesbian and gay affairs in Africa.
- Gay Liberation Network Direct action, grassroots network against all forms of bigotry and hate crimes
Marxist History and Theory
- Marxists Internet Archive An encyclopedia of materials from Marxist writers and thinkers in many languages, operated by an all-volunteer, anti-profit group. Great for students!
- Marx/Engels Archive Writings of the original thinkers and political organizers-Karl Marx and Frederick Engels-who founded the communist movement. Engels' book Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State is a classic analysis of why women are an oppressed sex!
- Rosa Luxembourg Writings by the early 20th century German socialist writer and revolutionary
- Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal West Coast coalition to stop the execution of African American journalist and radical now on death row.
Middle East and North Africa
- Americans United for Palestinian Human Rights Portland, Oregon group seeking to end U.S. bankrolling of Israel & U.S. policies that violate the human rights of Palestinians.
- Alliance of Syrian and Iranian Socialists
- Campus Activism.org The world's largest online database of student activists, groups, events, and resources.
- Campus Anti-War Network Independent, democratic, grassroots network of students opposing the occupation of Iraq and military recruiters in our schools at campuses all over the country.
- Student Action with Farmworkers Provides students from farmworker families with educational and career opportunities & other students with opportunities to work with farmworkers for social justice.
- United Students Against Sweatshops Organizing resources, news and job opportunities for students who want to work against sweatshops in the U.S. and around world.
- About Us
- Why Socialist Feminism?
- Statements & Campaigns
- Books & Newspapers
- Radical Women
- Get Involved
Next year's cost-of-living adjustment for Social Security will be a meager 0.3 percent. That $5 per month will not cover the cost of prescription drugs, which rose by 10 percent in the past year. Nor will it cover rising costs of food, clothing, and utilities. Tell Congress to expand Social Security — NOT cut it.
Mondays, 7:00-9:00 pm
Study Group on Democracy and Revolution
Alt Wednesdays, 5 October to 7 December, 6:30 pm
Reading Circle: The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State
New York City
Second and fourth Thursday of every month, 7:00-9:00 PM
Police Accountability Campaign Meeting