Are you over the wedding cakes and the corporate floats? Were you inspired by 78ers marching in Mardi Gras and their vision of liberation?
Hear from a diverse panel of speakers who’ll provide a global sweep of the challenges faced by LGBTIQ people today, explore solutions and chart opportunities for resistance and solidarity.
- Sally Goldner: community radio presenter, bi and trans advocate
- Josh Mason: coordinates the blog LGBTIQ punk stories and is a veteran of disciplined counter-organising to stop Nazis, bigots and other unsavoury types in Melbourne
- Sara Niner: anthropologist and expert in gender politics on lesbian, bi and trans oppression in Timor-Leste
- Lisa Farrell: represents Radical Women in the Indigenous Social Justice Association and takes pride in having out-organised the World Congress of Families in 2014
- Chaired by Alison Thorne: Veteran queer liberationist and union delegate who edits the Freedom Socialist Organiser
Dinner served immediately after the panel, catering for all diets.
Dinner and door: $20 solidarity, $15 waged, $10 unwaged. $5 door only. Drinks available from the bar.
Jointly hosted by Radical Women and the Freedom Socialist Party.
For more information or to book contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook event link