- This event has passed.
Massive Pride Month Sale!
June 1 - June 30
June is Pride Month. To celebrate the Solidarity Salon bookstore and organising centre is holding a massive Pride Month sale.
For the month of June, there are huge discounts on selected stock.
Stonewall was a Riot, Now we need a Revolution, white on black, black on olive green and black on grey — reduced from $20 to $15
Free Chelsea Manning, coloured design on black shirt — reduced from $20 to $15
Books and DVDs
Bent Street is an annual publication of Australian LGBTIQA+ art, writing and ideas: page-turning winter reading — all editions reduced from RRP $35 to $10
Living out Loud: A history of Gay and Lesbian Activism in Australia by Graham Willett: a must for the personal library of every queer liberationist — reduced from RRP $35 to $10.
InLaws and Outlaws: a masterpiece by filmmaker and oral historian, Drew Emery, this DVD weaves together the true stories of couples and singles, both gay and straight, to create a collective narrative of stories of love, loss and belonging — reduced from RRP $30 to $5.
Pink Ink: The Golden Era for Lesbian and Gay Magazines, by Bill Calder: a compelling history of the evolution of queer community media in Australia — reduced from RRP $58 to $10.
New Day Dawning: The early years of Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras by Pride History group and A history of the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras by Graham Carberry — both reduced to $10.
There’s also lots of exciting full price titles available including:
• Transgender Marxism, Edited by Jules Joanne Gleeson and Elle O’Rourke
• The Transgender Issue by Shon Faye
• Gay Resistance: The Hidden History by Sam Deaderick and Tamara Turner
• Lesbianism: A Socialist Feminist Perspective by Dr Susan Williams
• Queer liberation and the feminist connection: 30 years of Marxist feminist organising in Australia by Alison Thorne
• On the the frontlines of lavender labour history — the Freedom Socialist Party in action
• Smash the Church, Smash the State: The Early Years of Gay Liberation, Edited by Tommi Avicolli Mecca
• Passionate Friends: Mary Fullerton, Mable Singleton and Miles Franklin by Sylvia Martin
Drop into Solidarity Salon, 580 Sydney Road, Brunswick and snap up a bargain at the Pride Month Sale during the month of June.
Pick up a copy of the latest Freedom Socialist which features an article by Lois Danks on the recent gender-choice passport victory, which argues this is a good start in a larger battle.
Cash or internet bank transfer preferred.
Mail order is available. Contact us at freedom.socialist.party@