- This event has passed.
Rally and March: Fight for Public Health and Workplace Safety
March 19 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm AEDT
Federal and state governments’ pro-business, law-and-order response to the COVID pandemic has caused intolerable misery for workers and marginalised people. “Living with COVID” is making us sick. Expanded police powers are stripping away our civil liberties, such as the right to protest, while police have more license to abuse First Nations, immigrants of color and other communities.
These conditions have nurtured a far-right “freedom” movement feeding on people’s isolaton, fear and righteous anger. Its intention is not to provide solutions but to pursue its anti-woman, anti-worker and anti-downtrodden agenda, bankrolled by the likes of multi-billionaire tycoon, Clive Palmer.
The Freedom Socialist Party and our sister organisation, Radical Women, are part of a coalition of unionists, women, First Nations justice campaigners and leftists, which is organising this rally. Its aim is to bring together working and oppressed communities around real solutions and start a fightback.
1. A Living Income for Everyone – end casualisation, paid pandemic income support for everyone
2. Free Health Care for everyone – free RAT tests, more nurses, fully fund hospitals, full access to PPE
3. Secure housing for everyone: massively expand public housing; stop the selloffs; moratorium on evictions
4. Right to organise
• Right to organise & strike any time
• Repeal Secondary Boycott laws
5. Roll back police powers, drop the COVID fines
6. COVID health and safety for all workers in all industries, especially in frontline healthcare
7. A global solution to the pandemic – remove patents from COVID vaccines and provide free to all countries
Contact us at freedom.socialist.party@