- This event has passed.
Rally for justice and a fair go for refugees
March 28 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm AEDT
The Freedom Socialist Party is amongst the many community organisations endorsing the annual Palm Sunday refugee rights rally. Get in touch to march with the Freedom Socialist Party and our sisters in Radical Women.
This year, the rally for justice and a fair go for refugees is demanding:
• Permanent visas and family reunion for all refugees
• Fair and timely assessment of all claims for refugee status
• Safety net income for all those who are waiting for a permanent visa, if they cannot find enough work to support themselves
• Releasing ALL refugees from detention
• Bringing 260 people still held on Nauru and in PNG here, or allowing New Zealand to resettle them
We support these demands and also advocate the movement address the issues that lead people to flee their homes — imperialist rivalry, national oppression, climate change, war and global inequality. All are exacerbated by sexism, racism and homophobia. We support open borders: capital can move freely round the globe — people must have this right too!
Location: State Library, corner of Swanston Street and Latrobe Street, Melbourne.