For revolutionary feminism,
racial justice, and working-class power.
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Friday, repeating until August 5, 2022
“A Worker’s Guide to the 20th Century” is a Red Banner Reader made up of five articles covering the last century’s history and politics. The pamphlet addresses the tension of opposing ideas like “socialism in one country” versus permanent international revolution and socialist feminism versus Stalinism, plus lessons on how to fight McCarthyism and fascism.
The discussion will help readers understand how we got to where we are today and provides lessons on how to organize and fight back.
In 5 weeks, the group will address:
1. Amid carnage of World War I, the dream of socialism comes alive in Russia
2. The Harvest of WWI: revolt, counterrevolution, and new seeds of war
3. The 1940s and ’50s: hot war, Cold War, and irrepressible revolution
4. Freedom Now: the thunderous chorus that changed the world forever
5. The 1980s and ’90s: two decades of greed and reaction provoke renewed revolt
ONLINE: Register here.