- This event has passed.
National Mobilization for Reproductive Justice Community Speakout
October 1, 2022
For info about the Oct. 1 actions in New York City, Los Angeles, and more, see www.reprojusticenow.org/.
On October 1st join the National Mobilization for Reproductive Justice in saying:
We, the People, Overrule SCOTUS:
UNJUST LAWS WILL BE BROKEN!
Multitudes of people across the U.S. poured into the streets to protest the travesty of a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court on June 24. The court’s right-wing reactionaries have dragged U.S. law back in time, overturning 50 years of precedents regarding the right to abortion. It’s back to the days of pro-segregation “states’ rights” law and bans on contraception and queer identities. And forward to the dystopia of a fertilized egg having all the rights of personhood. We reject this future. Read the statement here.
What we call for:
• Restore & expand Roe v. Wade;
safe, legal abortion on demand without apology
• Repeal the Hyde Amendment
• Overturn state barriers to reproductive choices
• Stop forced sterilization
• No to caged kids, forced assimilation, & child welfare abuses
• End medical & environmental racism; for universal healthcare
• Defend queer & trans families
• Guarantee medically sound sex education & affordable childcare
• Uphold social progress with expanded voting rights & strong unions
Initiated by Radical Women. Learn more and get involved at www.reprojusticenow.org/.